Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Where's the wine at?!?

Caio friends!!!!! 
This girl is officially finished with this semester!! 

It was quite the 7 LONG days. Too much to do, too little time, too little of sleep and not enough chocolate. Despite this, I GOT THRU IT ALL!!! I can now leave it all behind, and remember that I did the best I could and there's nothing I can do at this point but hope I got good grades.

Last night, we had "Late Night Breakfast", CUA Rome style. For those who don't know, it is something really awesome that colleges and universities do during finals week. So they have a massive breakfast at midnight for us who are still studying and need food (and a break!)
Since we weren't at CUA to join in, we made our own here in Rome. We had pancakes, one-eyed Egyptian pancakes, eggs, bacon, OJ and fruit. It was DELICIOUS!!! Then I studied until 1am and went to sleep fat and happy! :)

So... at this moment in time, I am starting to pack. I just bought another small suitcase (carry-on size, but I am checking it) because I know that I am going to have to pay regardless for the weight.... might as well have another bag and distribute the weight instead of forking over $100 and get noting out of it. 
For the next 3 days, I will be seeing and doing a few things I still haven't done yet in Rome. 1) see the CLOSED Trevi Fountain. Yes, it is closed and under construction, unfortunately. It has been since the week we got here and won't be open at least until late next year. So, I have been here 4 months and never have seen it-there was no point. So I have to do that before I leave, as I need to throw a few coins in the little pool they have off to the side for good luck, love or to come back to Rome! 
2) Scala Sancta- Holy Stairs. I thought I was going to do them at the beginning but that obviously didn't happen. I think it is a good way to end this time here in Rome! 
3) Villa Borgese Gardens- they are beautiful and a must see I hear and I love nature. So that is happening!

T-3 days left and then I embark on my 17 hour flight....I am soooo looking forward to that... But really. I can't wait to see my dear family and celebrate Christmas in a week, see my dog, see my adorable niece and eat Mexican food! 

TIME TO CELEBRATE! WHERE'S THE WINE AT!!??? :)

Peace and Blessings!  





No comments:

Post a Comment