Friday, October 17, 2014

Oh Midterms...

Ciao Friends!! 

Pheww.. what a crazy, exhausting and brain-testing week! This week was week one of Midterms. And I am still alive! I got 2 more to go next week which are going to be pretty intense (Tuesday and Wednesday). So keep the prayers up! I had one today, and I think I did very well, because I did this thing called studying! A big group of us were up until midnight studying together in a classroom- I was the designated board writing person, which helped me remember the info a lot better. We walked into the exam, and our professor says, " I changed my mind, I made it really easy for you". She wasn't kidding. Thank God I studied because I was able to finish it pretty quickly. 
After that headache was behind me, I planned to meet a friend who is in Rome for 2 days and a Seminarian at St. Peter's Square so that she could get a tour of St. Peter's. With his badge, we walked up and they let us in right away-we didn't have to wait in line! The perks of knowing seminarians at the NAC...they got connections. Now, I was stoked for 3 reasons: 1) I was going into St. Peter's ( we call it our local parish) 2) My friend had never been in or even seen it, so seeing her jaw drop as we walked in was priceless. 3) We were getting a tour by an awesome friend of a seminarian, who knows St. Peter's well-my jaw was dropping with pretty much everything that came out of his mouth- I learned so much! I knew it was a good idea to have him guide us! Such a great time. He had to leave, so I decided that I would surprise her and take her up to the dome of St. Peter's. We walked up the 551 steps... Yay! Yet again, seeing her face as we overlooked the Eternal City was PRICELESS! It doesn't get old... I love it! 

After this, I put my "tour guide" skills to work. She hadn't seem any of the city. So there was a lot to see.... Long story short, WE DIDN'T GET LOST. That's my big accomplishment for the day. I knew exactly where things were, and didn't have to second guess myself once. She was thrilled that I knew where everything was... I was ecstatic that I was able to give a tour of Rome!!! Who knew I would be giving tours while I was here... :) Some of the major places we went to were the Pantheon, Roman Forum, Coliseum. Then we got Gelato, of course! That was a must. And she loved it... as did I, as always. A very blessed day. What a way to end a long academic week. On our walk home, I walked her by my favorite view of St. Peter's... and we saw this :)



Tomorrow is the day I have been waiting to see for a long time. I am going to Assisi for the day. So so so excited for this. It will be a great day, guaranteed. We are leaving at 7am, which means I got to get some rest, especially after this long day of walking! Please keep me in prayer as I make this pilgrimage tomorrow. You are in mine. 

Peace and Blessings! 
Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment