Monday, October 13, 2014

Tuscan Love

Ciao Friends! 

Welcome to Tuscany! This past weekend was absolutely beautiful! Every single moment had me in awe. Get ready for plenty of pictures! :)
It was about a 2 hour bus ride to Arezzo from Rome, and once there, we walked around, had a lunch break, so we went to a really cute family restaurant- We shared an appetizer, in which some of it was some sort of animal ( maybe cow) liver. I am glad that I didn't know what it was until we had left the restaurant ( I probably wouldn't have eaten it if I had known)...although, I do have to admit it wasn't half bad.  My main dish was pasta with wild Boar. This was delicious! My goal for when I go outside of Rome is that when I go to a restaurant, I will ask what their favorite/popular dish is, and I will get that. So that is what I did for the weekend, and I was very pleased to find that I loved each thing I ate. Not surprised, as I am in Italy! :)
Below are some pictures of our Friday afternoon in Arezzo. We came across a park that was nothing less that beautiful, climbed a fallen tree and almost fell off and sat on a wall that was about 100 feet from the ground (I clearly like to live dangerously..see pics)- Fall has officially arrived here! I was so happy to walk through the leaves crunching under my feet with the crisp air and breathtaking views of Tuscany. 







After this escapade, we walked into the Piazza called Piazza Grande, which is way more awesome than it looks because of the fact a very famous scene from the movie "La Vita e Bella" was filmed right here! This movie is one of my favorites..it is sad, but great! So cool to be there!
Day 2: Saturday in Siena (my favorite place so far)
The day pretty much consisted of climbing MANY hills and steps, enjoying some amazing food ( and burning off that food within 30 minutes by climbing more hills), going to St. Catherine of Siena's house (she is a Doctor of the Church, and now one of my favorite saints), and enjoying the gorgeous views.


                                                              St. Catherine's house


Later that night, we went wine tasting at a castle named Castel del Trebbio. Now, this was fun! I learned so much about wines, cheeses olive oil, enjoyed some really good food (I know I say that about everything, but it is true!), and last but not least, enjoyed the views overlooking the vineyards!

 The tour guide was super funny! He was cracking joke after joke and making fun of our American "wrong" ways of drinking and enjoying wine and food. He made the experience so much better.





Sunday: Pienza 
We were staying at a hotel in Cortona, also where some of the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun" was filmed and where the book was written. The view from our hotel was spectacular! I woke up and watched the sunrise, which was very peaceful. Then we made our way to Pienza for a few hours and then back home to Roma. I'll let the pics speak for themselves. 








This week will be a busy one, but nonetheless blessed. On Saturday, we are off to ASSISI!!!! I AM SO EXCITED! I have been waiting to go here for about 5 years! If you would like me to pray for any special intentions, you can contact me :)

Peace and Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment