Sunday, October 5, 2014

Pope Francis: Take 2

Ciao friends!!

Some of you told me you couldn't wait until my next post, and I am happy to hear that as this one is gonna be a really awesome read! Yet again, unexpected blessings came upon me this weekend and I am left joyfully speechless.

Thursday night dinner with the RA's was delicious. We had Risotto and Zucchini, which to my surprise I really enjoyed! Within a few minutes of finishing dinner, I was feeling really tired, as I had taken some cold medication that was meant to put me out for the night. Yeah, it sure did it's job, as I passed out within 10 minutes of getting back to my room at 10pm and woke up at 9:30am the next morning. Clearly I needed the rest!

Friday was a great day as well, as I saw a friend I haven't seen since high-school graduation. She is studying in France, and she came to Rome for 2 days- so we met up, had lunch and enjoyed catching up. She had not been in Vatican City yet, so we went to the Vatican Museums, which I had yet to see, and at the end got to walk through the Sistine Chapel. This was absolutely gorgeous-I can't describe my experience, I am left speechless. I took the liberty of giving her a quick tour of St. Peter's. Ah, seeing her face was priceless when she walked in for the first time! I walked her back to the Metro and that was the end of a great day with a great friend of almost 10 years.



Saturday was a day of complete rest. I slept a lot and took it easy, as I am getting over this cold and now am feeling a lot better, thank God! :)

Here is the awesome part: I went to another Papal Mass this morning! This one was for the opening of the Synod of Bishops for Marriage and Family that will take place throughout October. I happened to be in the same class as a friend who had gotten tickets and she said she had gotten 1 extra because she felt someone would want it. So she gave it to me! This picture pretty much sums up the experience! I was within 5 feet of Pope Francis!! Wow, I saw Pope Francis twice in 1 week I received 4 blessings from him....I'm extremely blessed. You all were included in my prayers.


Also, I forgot to mention on Thursday that I met Cardinal Wuerl-Cardinal for the Arch-Diocese of Washington DC (where I go to college)... He loves everyone at CUA, so imagine his joy when he found out I was with CUA...it was a great moment! Even better, this morning as he was processing in for Mass, the line was backed up, so he happened to stop right in my line of sight- he looked over, saw me and looked away. 2 seconds go by and realizing he knew me, he looked back at me and gave a huge smile to me, as I did the same. It was a mutual non-verbal, "Hey, I know you...good to see you", moment! It just keeps getting better and better! (Cardinal Wuerl is the one directly in the middle of the photo)



This coming weekend, I am going to Tuscany with all of CUA/Loyola group. This is my second trip out of Rome. It is mandatory for class (not that that's a problem!)-  I've been dying to go there! We will be wine-tasting for one of our classes. Awesome! Can't wait!

Peace and Blessings! 

Anne 



No comments:

Post a Comment