Thursday, October 9, 2014

Week 6 Adventures

Ciao Friends! 

So.... I was sitting on the Metro this morning coming back from class and it dawned on me that I haven't posted here since Sunday! This week has been pretty busy and time has flown by! Sorry about that!

It has been a good week, only getting better and better as the days pass by. Monday, we ended class a little bit early, so I decided to go enjoy the city for the afternoon. I walked alongside the Tiber River and just wandered about. I didn't have a set destination, so I just enjoyed the scenery as I went. It ended up being a 4 hour walk....but as always, totally worth it, as I came across a gorgeous view of Rome!
The first, is overlooking the Roman Forum, the Colosseum and many other ancient buildings. The second one is overlooking the many domes of churches, including St. Peter's in the distance (in the center of the photo). So peaceful and absolutely gorgeous...exactly the break I needed! The third photo is of stairs, MANY stairs. I climbed these to the top- This was quite the challenge.. and not very smart to do as I was getting over a cold at the time....lesson learned. But totally worth the view at the top, as that is where the first 2 pics came from.



On my walk home, I made a friend with a cat-I named him Tiger... (reminds me of when I was heading up to my grandmothers house when I was about 7yrs old and I stopped to play with the neighbors cats and worried my parents and grandmother half to death because they didn't know where I was.... Jeannie, I thought of you and laughed a little but at the memory... although I know you weren't laughing at the time!)


Tuesday wasn't too special of a day...just the normal routine of classes and hanging out. On the way back from Italian class, I captured this gem of a photo at 6pm. Perfect way to end the day. Heaven knows I love sunsets...

Wednesday was an AWESOME day, for many reasons! Class wasn't the awesome part... it was what happened after that was awesome. The Seminarians from the NAC came over to our school and brought homemade, AMERICAN chocolate chip cookies for us. Since they are the North American College, they have access to American food brought over to them by friends. So they share their treats with us. They will be coming to us every Wednesday for a study break and just hanging out with them. Best ever. After we enjoyed the cookies, a few of them had set up a basketball match between the 4 Seminarians and what was supposed to be 3 girls. Everyone heard about it, so it ended up being that 90% of out group went, and it turned into a full blown basketball game. This was so much fun to watch. The Seminarian won. I will be playing next week.  :) 

On the way home from that, yet another beautiful sunset was in order, there was music playing- my heart was overwhelmed with the beauty. We all kept saying, "guys, we are in Rome..this is our life right now..I love it!!" about 1 hr later, the Seminarians came back over to our school and we had a Bible Study with them. So this 7 hour hang out time with the Seminarians will be happening every Wednesday for the rest of the semester. Love it! They are the best. :)




 Today, we had a class visit to Santa Maria in Trastevere, as well as St. Benedict's. The picture of me is at St. Benedict's -it is said to be the house and chapel that he lived in when he was in Rome. So beautiful. It was an early morning, so if I look a little tired in this to you, that would be why! :)

Best part: Tomorrow morning, we will be heading to Tuscany with CUA/Loyola for the weekend!! So excited for this! While in the area, we will go to Siena, Pienza and Arezzo. We will also be wine tasting! Should be a great weekend! So with that said, I have to get going to Italian class and then pack up for the weekend! You will hear from me again on Sunday, hopefully with many amazing stories and pictures! Stay tuned! :)

Peace and Blessings!


Anne  




No comments:

Post a Comment