Saturday, November 8, 2014

Mount Vesuvius!


Ciao! Here is the view I promised! Oh you should have seen my face when I walked out onto my balcony this morning...my jaw was down to the floor! 

Wow, what an incredible day!! We hiked to the top of Mount Vesuvius today! One of the most dangerous volcanos in the world, may I add! I accepted the dangerous adventure without a hesitiation in my body! That's what growing up with 4 brothers does to you... You learn to do the super cool things that are a little risky and have the best time doing it. Thanks, bros!


The hike up was... well... challenging but we did it! I am happy now though because I am pretty sure I burned off all the carbs I had this week, after having only meat for the 10 days of break and barely any carbs! My body didn't like the adjustment. 
Here is the view from the top overlooking the Bay of Naples! It was breathtaking!
I would say I would love to live here, but this whole active volcano situation is a bit of a problamo.... What a pity.
On our way down the mountian, we saw all our friends and they looked at us and said, "please tell us we are almost there, our legs are burning!" Yeah... they had a ways to go... Hey if we did it, they could too! Ha! :)

After we made it down the mountian, we went to Herculaneum, a town that was covered by the massive eruption, and was partially excavated just like Pompeii but better preserved. It was amazing! It was really aweome because we learned about villas and insulas- the "houses" they lived in- we saw some of them, and were able to identify each room we leaned about and where things would have been! It was really intriguing to me to see all of this in person opposed to just in a book! ( here is a Insula). I'll spare you the history lesson about the awesomeness about these buildings. I never thought I would love architecture so much! 



Anyways! We are now off to a theater to see a show. Don't know of what, but I'lll know by the next post! I heard it was something around the lines of traditional music. We shall see! 

Peace and Blessings! 


No comments:

Post a Comment