Saturday, November 8, 2014

Pompeii and Sorento


Ciao friends from Pompeii- Sorento! 

So, this week was more busy that I was expecting, so I didn't get to my last post on Lourdes and Paris from Fall break. I hope to get to it next week- just trust me for now when I say it was an amazing time. 

To keep updated for now, I have unpacked to repack! I am now in Sorento, Italy for the weekend. The whole gang is here (CUA/Loyola)- so there are a lot of people around! We went to Pompeii this afternoon for a tour, which was great and very interesting to learn about. We got pizza first, which was amazing! I heard it would be!
It has been thunder storming all week so it was a little wet, but not too bad! (Stepped in a few puddles, of course...) 
At the beginning of the tour, we made a friend- his name is Bubba and he is 15 years old. He accompanied us throughout our entire tour, not once leaving our sides.  
Yep! He is a dog!!! I have to admit, he needs to lay off the kibble for a while...he is bigger than my dog by a good 15-20 pounds! But so affectionate and lovable! We were giving commands in Italian to him--Andiamo, Bubba! He would slowly get up and trot along and wait for us when we stopped. He was the leader of the group, not the tour guide. They know who's boss in Pompeii. So dang cute. I haven't had contact with a dog for 2 1/2 months, so you can just imagine my joy... Day was made in so many ways! Thanks Bubba!
( I'm pointing to Mt. Vesuvius!)




Back on the bus we go on our way to Sorento... Within 5 minutes of being on the bus it was dead silent. Everyone was lights out! Makes sense as we had a long week and got up at 6 this morning. Yikes!

We got to Sorento faster than expected and our leader says, "Ragazzi, we are here Everyone in a very confused state of mind looks around at eachother and then outside. Though it was dark, jaws dropped. The view. Wow. And we were right outside of our hotel. Then we all get off the bus to find out that CUA ( rather, our tuition) has taken us to a 4 star hotel, overlooking Sorento and the coast. We get up to our rooms, and open the window not expecting anything, only to find a balcony and an even more jaw dropping view (we are 3 stories up now). Within 30 seconds, I heard the line about 6 times, "oh....my....gosh.... Is this my life right now!?" Here is the view we saw ( a much better pic will come tomorrow, I promise. It will be so great to see what this view is in daylight! 

Then we all went to the bar to relax and then to a really really really good dinner! So spoiled with all this amazing food! But the we all got up and knew we had way too much food and just wanted to go to sleep! Haha! Good meal!

We walked into town and a group of us went down to the water, which put my heart at home as the waves were crashing on the rocks and it was just so peaceful. I could have stayed there all night! 


Time for bed now as it's 12:40am- my roommate and I are off to climb Mt. Vesuvius at 8am- still an active volcano!!! What can I say, I like to live dangerously- it runs in my blood :) Bucket list item is about to be checked off! So excited! 

Peace and Blessings! 





No comments:

Post a Comment