Monday, November 17, 2014

No pain, no gain.

Ciao friends!

Happy Monday! It is currently rainy and a little chilly here in Roma. I saw that it is gorgeous in San Diego... of course! And in DC... I think the heater is on and people are bundled up for the brutal winter! I can't say that I am looking to Round 2 of Polar Vortex!

Anyways, this weekend was super duper fun! On Saturday, 3 of us went up to the NAC for sports day. There were supposed to be 13 of us... none of them showed up. So it was 7 seminarians and 3 CUA students. We didn't mind at all! They are so great! It was like having spending time with 7 awesome older brothers...something I am very used to, so I loved it! :)

We played soccer and basketball, both of which I have not played since grade school. To sum the day up, I slipped about 6 times, hit my head twice, on those falls, head butted the soccer ball 3 times which I have always wanted to do, got hit in the upper thigh with a soccer ball from 5 feet away, and last but not least, got hit in the jaw by a basketball. Good news is that I am still alive. Oh and our team won at both sports, so it was all worth it. I couldn't move by the end of the day. Not kidding. my body hated me yesterday...it has every right to! Today I am feeling more alive and more mobile, thank God! Going up stairs and kneeling at Mass was brutal. TOTALLY WORTH IT.


Then, on Sunday, I met up with one of my friends from high school I haven't seen since graduation. We had a great pasta lunch at my favorite restaurant, and then it started raining. So we sat at a cafe for a good hour and a half and had yummy cappuccino. That was an interesting experience. The waiter was hitting on us and wouldn't leave us alone. Creeper. So we left and played in the rain. Good choice! We had about and hour to kill before Mass with the seminarians, so we sat at Subway and chatted away. We got a water just so they wouldn't kick us out for not buying anything...haha
Mass was amazing, as always. Then we went to dinner with the seminarians at a pizzeria, which was so much fun! My face hurt from laughing so much! It was a really great time. Nothing quite like pizza, wine, seminarians and friends to spend the evening with! Then as always, we went to get Gelato, in the rain. Nothing stops us from getting gelato, nothing. Super good!
Great weekend, and it will be a great week! T-1 day(s) until Papal Audience, and T -2 days until President Garvey comes! T- 5 days until Florence! :)


Peace and Blessings! 
Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment