Monday, September 29, 2014

2 Popes+Andrea Bocelli=Blessed!

Ciao!

I am so excited to tell you about this experience of a lifetime that I had! Get ready, you're in for an awesome read and tons of pics! :)

To keep it brief ( as I do not have much energy at the moment)- We (40,000 people) celebrated the Holy Mass with Pope Francis in honor of grandparents/elderly. ** Jeannie, I prayed for you, for continued good health and happiness!** 
I woke up at 4am, headed over to St. Peter's Square at 5am. I was the first one there! Slowly, people started trickling in...I met a nice American couple, so we stuck together, (as they have never been to St. Peter's and had no idea what t expect.. not that I fully did either...but I had a general idea) We waited for 2 hours, and watched the beautiful sunrise over St. Peter's







When the guards let us in, it was like letting a pen full of cattle run loose! We all started running to the front, and I made it to the 10th row from the front!! Perfect view of everything/everyone! 





















A special person showed up- Pope Emeritus Benedict! The two Popes' embrace was beautifully tear-jerking! Heard Andrea Bocelli sing live "Time to Say Goodbye" in Italian. By far, the best day of my journey in Roma. Thanks be to God for all these blessings!


 Then another holy man appeared... someone I have been dying to see! PAPA FRANCESCO!

A number of elderly people came up to share their stories to Pope Francis, which was beautiful. I was able to understand bits and pieces, which made me super happy! 



 I caught Andrea Bocelli meeting Pope Francis on the Jumbo-tron! Awesome moment!  Pope Francis got in his Popemobile, and sped through the crowd...Unfortunately, he didn't come in our aisle, but it was close enough for me. ( That doesn't mean I don't want to meet him..I certainly do, I just am content with just being able to be there...In time I will meet him hopefully)






Now, when Mass was concluded, everyone (including 2  obnoxious little kids) around me wanted to get my spot, in hopes that they would meet the Pope. There was a lot of shoving, (almost fell 3 times because of inconsiderate individuals...grrr)  glares, and general craziness. I was not letting go of my spot that I rightfully earned... Not a chance! And it ended up that Pope Francis didn't come to us... So it didn't get as crazy as it could have..(almost) thankfully. But it would have been AMAZING to meet Papa.


A chance of a lifetime was well spent, and I am so happy that I got this opportunity..I am forever thankful! :)


This week will be a quieter one, as we one of our classes that meets 2 times a week is only meeting on Friday... time to rest and get my energy level back up!

On Thursday, I will be attending a Deaconate Ordination in St. Peter's Basilica! Yet another chance of a lifetime opportunity (as it will be in the Eternal City....!)


Peace and Blessings!




No comments:

Post a Comment