Thursday, September 25, 2014

Blessings Ahead!

Ciao!

Happy Thursday! Tomorrow, I will have been in Rome for 1 month! Woah, time has flown by!

So, this week has been a great one! So much joy all around! I am waiting for it to be confirmed, but tomorrow I might be telling you something really awesome that I get to do on Sunday! So stay tuned... and say a prayer that it all works out! :)

Tuesday and Wednesday have been probably the best days of the week so far. Tuesday, it was class as usual, which was very interesting... I love the material we were learning. It is awesome to learn about major historical events that happened only a few miles away from you... So cool! After Italian class, a friend invited me to go to Mass with him, and this was not usual Mass for me. I went to my first Traditional Latin Mass!! And I have to say, I absolutely loved it! It was quite the experience, and I am glad that I went!
Directly after that, I came home and thinking I would be resting as I hadn't been home since 2pm, and it was now 8:30pm. My friends stopped me in my tracks and said, "let's go to dinner!"  My friend was meeting her friend from back home, so I have a new friend! This friend just so happens to be interning at the Vatican....So what I will hopefully be sharing with you tomorrow is happening all because of her....someone I have only known for about 3 hours at the time. After dinner, we walked in the city and had a great girls night out in Roma. Here are some pics:
 Piazza Navona fountain at night!





<---(Cali friends and fam: If you can see it, look above the waiters head (1st board on left.... Cali represent!!!)
















Wednesday was a long day, as I have 3 classes (starting next week, I will only have 2 classes on Wednesday!) We went on a class site visit to St. John Lateran Basilica. Loved it! Late last night at 11pm,  right before bed, I decided to call my beautiful grandmother in SD. She thought that I made her day.... well Jeannie, YOU made my day end so perfectly! I love you so very much!
Thunder and lightning last night was absolutely insane! There was one that felt like it was in my ear, and I screamed... as did half the girls on the floor! Ha! But nothing is as soothing as falling asleep to the sound of rain! :)

Stay tuned.... hopefully I will have some news to share tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed!

Peace and Blessings

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment