Friday, September 5, 2014

A Jaw-Dropping Morning

Ciao! 
I have officially been in Rome for 1 week! I woke up at 8am to go to St. Peter's Basilica this morning. We had to wait in line for about 30 minutes, but that simply faded away from our memory once we got into the Basilica. I can't explain to you what the Basilica is like, for it is indescrible in my opinion. It's that beautiful. It's leaves you speechless and possibly tearful in a beautiful way, like it did for me. I probably looked funny as I think my jaw was dropped down to my chest and tears in my eyes. I simply couldn't help myself no matter how hard I tried. What I can promise you is that it is worth the money to fly out here and see it for yourself!! If your already saving money, good for you! If you haven't started...Start saving now! :)
My expierence at the Basilica was beautiful, put simply. I was on the verge of tears throughout my whole walk through. I could feel my eyes getting puffy, and I think at one point or another I actually shed a tear or two. Point being is that The Lord touched my heart in such a gentle and loving way this morning as I prayed at the tombs of Pope Saint John Paul II, St. Peter, among many others. I thankfully will have the chance to go back about 3 more times for sure, for class visits. One class visit, we will be going to a part of the Basilica that is not apart of the normal tour, opened to a select few. One of the perks of being at The Catholic Univeristy of America! I can't wait for that day! More pics will come later- I wanted to enjoy my first time there with limited pics. 
So... For class, one of our assignments is to go to a Mass at a church of your choosing and write a paper about the experience-what the church looked like, the Architecture of the church- on and on. I'm being graded on going to Mass! I think I can handle this! :)
Speaking of homework, I need to go read for Mondays class... As it's a big amount of reading... And for those who know me well, you would know that reading is not one of my strong suits.. But I am warming up to it... Slowly. I definately do not have my Dads genes when it comes to reading! 
It will be a quiet weekend here. Probably visiting churches around Rome and just resting after the week we have had! First week is always a little tough to recover from! After this weekend all the traveling begins... A Mozzerella Farm, Venice, Tuscany, Assisi then 10-day Fall break where I will being going to Croatia (Medjugorie) and Greece. Then Naples, Florance and finally Thanksgiving break to Spain!! And the adventure of a lifetime continues! 
Praying for you all! 

Peace and Blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment