Sunday, September 21, 2014

R&R Part 1!

Ciao! 

Friday was quite the day! We had class out in the city. We had to be there at 9am and so we woke up at 7am and left at 8am. We met at St. Maria in Cosmedin, also known as where the Mouth of Truth is.   
We were able to be a "tourist" for a moment see and put our hand into the Bocca della Verità (Mouth of Truth)...and then we went back to being a "student". 

Instead of looking in a textbook and seeing the pictures of what we were learning from 2,000+ years ago, they were right in front of our eyes. Woah. 


While on our class walk, we came upon many cats who own the area of 4 old temples. These cats are known to the city, and are taken care of by the people. They are adorable! No big deal... just some cats roaming around ancient temples calling it their home :)






After the tour, I had a meeting with a priest for Confession at St. Peter's. We were at the Pantheon, and it was 12:40pm. My meeting was at 1pm. It takes about 25 min to get there walking. I didn't have time to trust auto transportation, so I booked it and made it there at exactly 1pm, only to find that the priest was 5 minutes late!!! I can't say that I wasn't exhausted after that quick adventure. Thank God I love walking...  :)
Now, this part is so awesome that I still can't believe it happened. While he was hearing my confession, we casually walked around the walls of St. Peters. Only in Rome can you do that, and no one looks at you funny. It is a pretty common thing to see a priest blessing someone in the middle of the street (and I was one of them!) ONE OF THE BEST CONFESSIONS EVER.

By this time, I still had to walk 15 min to get home, and I was EXHAUSTED! TGIF!

Happy Sunday! Boy, this weekend has been great! What have I been up to? NOTHING. I have only left the building twice since Friday night. Why, you may ask? Well, I wore myself down pretty good with all that I have been doing in the last 3 weeks, so my body was starting to get sick because I wasn't giving myself proper time to rest. I wasn't feeling the best, so I unplugged from almost everything and just rested and relaxed (and did homework). Also a little gift- my roommate has been gone for most of the weekend with family, so I have had the room to myself! Sometimes its nice to have some alone time. It's good for the soul-this time has been very good for my soul. The same thing will happen next weekend, as my roommate will be in Venice for Honors trip, so I will be taking the weekend to see some of the sites I have not yet seen in Rome- after next weekend, we will not have much more time to do so because all the traveling begins! So I am making sure I get it in! :)

This week will be a busy one, but a blessed one!!! Oh my.....it's almost October!!!  I still can't believe this is my life right now...and to know I have 13 weeks left of these amazing adventures...La vita è bella!


Peace and Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment