Monday, September 22, 2014

Oh look! A fire!

Ciao! 

Crazy adventures love to follow me around! For the past 3 weeks, there has never been a dull moment! Everywhere I have gone, something either funny, ironic, scary, or mind-blowing (in a good way) happens. So, I will tell you what happened today. Get ready... You're in for an adventure of your own!! 

First, I will say I am alive and well. Thankfully. I hit the floor running this Monday morning... Last night I rememebered that I had a very important meeting to go to, that being my fingerprinting appointment at the Immigration Office. ( Yes, I have been illegal in Rome for the past 3 weeks..all of us students have been...
So I thought my appt. was on Tuesday, so I wasn't thinking much about it. Then, last night my friend asks me if I was ready for tomorrow.  I responded confused and then it hit me that I was in for a treat a day early than I was expecting! Oh boy, I'm just sooo excited! Not! :)
All 12 of us had the same class before we went, so we got through that and started on what would end up being a 5 hour journey! We got to the immigration office and we saw our friend who was supposed to have his appt at 11am. Ours was at 12. He was still in line!!! And it was already 12. He didn't get through until almost 1. Then we got thru at about 1:45. Yikes. Oh did I mention that I haven't had food all day? Ya, smart move, Anne... While waiting I read a book because  I knew we would have to wait a while... Everyone else didn't think to bring anything- they thought it would go fast... Sorry but I just have to laugh at that one...nothing with government involved goes fast... Let's be honest here. It's the famous "hurry up and wait" game....
When I walked in, I felt like I was going into a prison!!...

The military official let us in and we turned the corner to find we had to wait in a security check line. Here comes the good part... The waiting seemed fast as we were occupied with the huge brush fire that had started a few minutes prior that was only about 100 yards away and coming closer.... WHAT!!!?! GET US OUT OF HERE! The quite alarming part was that NONE of the officials cared about it. They didn't move a muscle! Everything went on as if nothing was happening. See, if we were in America, we would have already been evacuated and 10 mi away from it! This is why we were a bit concerned for our saftey...At this point I say to myself, "I did not come all this way and go through all of this paperwork for the past 6 months to die in a fire!!! Move it along and make me leagal already, and take all of this paperwork off my hands. I am sick of it!" Welcome to Rome...? 

It's hard to see the fire but you can see the smoke clouds: 


We get upstairs and wait for our named to be called and I get called rather quickly  and get fingerprinted... I thought I was done after that. NOPE. I have to go through it all again in a different part of the office. This is the funny part... I was nervous for obvious reasons, tired because it was Monday, and hungry (ok that's my fault, I got it). The guy, who spoke English, looked at me and said, "RELAX, RELAX, RELAX". * Mom and Dad, are you suprised at that? I guess I didn't learn from last time in LA... Hehe* I gave him control of my hand and let him do the fingerprinting and "tried" to  relax. 
The best part... The line I have been waiting to hear for 6 months, " il fine, Bye Bye" ( all finished, bye bye)!!!! I'M LEGAL!!! The process is behind me and I don't have to deal with it anymore! Thank you Jesus!!!!! This is better than becoming legal in US when I turned 21! Haha! This is a process I will be glad to forget. I think I have a well- deserved Gelato with my name on it! :) 
This is called Frigidarium. It kinda tastes like cookies and cream, but 10,000 times better. Dipped in chocolate. A taste of Heaven. This place is located on the way home from Italian class... Uh oh. :P

Have you had enough yet of my crazy adventure stories!? I'm not! It keeps life interesting! 

Peace and Blessings!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment