Thursday, September 4, 2014

Mapless Adventures

Ciao! 

( views from my room at sunset...)

Come tomorrow I will have been in Rome for a week already! Before I know it, I look at the time and it's 12am- time for bed! I often wonder where the day has escaped to. "Time flies when you're having fun" is so true!  We have done so much in just 1 week-pretty much all of it being indescribably amazing. Each day brings a whole range of adventures- ones that sometimes make me get out of my comfort zone (which is a great thing and I'm beginning to love when this is the case), and learn new things I never thought I could.  Some days bring me uncontainable joy and the confirmation that I am blessed. Wherever I go, I say a prayer at the beginning and throughout my journey of simply, " Father, I may not know where I am, but I know You do, and I trust in You. Please lead me and guide me in safety and peace".
I haven't used my map once. The reason being that I want to see where my adventures lead me. I have learned much more living this way-not depending on GPS to get me around. The way I do not get completely lost is that I memorize landmarks ( Piazza Navona, St. Peter's Square, Senate, Castel Angelo) and use my brain to connect where things may be in relativity to each other. For instance, just in the last 4 days, I know 4 ways to get to the Vatican from my school. From the Vatican, I know 3 ways how to get to my Italian class that is located in a building in the city. And from there, I know 4 ways to get home- so I have a range of ways I can go (all of which are walking)- and I will be learning many more with time. Who needs GPS when you got The Lord as your guide!?! No one. :)
My classes and professors are AMAZING! They are hilarious, upbeat and full of life!! Who knew class could be so fun!! It's going to be a great semester.

This weekend, my friend and I will be going to St. Peter's Basilica, Sistine Chapel and everything else that is in the Vatican Museums. ( since I didn't see them last time I was there). I am so excited!
My friend and I had a beautiful dinner out on the town last night and had yummy pizza! It's was nice to just sit and enjoy a meal without being rushed :) 
Praying for you all- Peace and Blessings

Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment